Get Hitched in Colonial Beach, VA
Is a Civil Marriage Ceremony Right for you?
1. Get Married Quickly
- Relocation for military or work
- Baby on the way
- Formalize commitment of living together
2. Save Money
Marrying couple: Use wedding funds for more important things:
- Down payment on your first home together
- Extended honeymoon or vacation
- Purchase a newer vehicle
Parents: Avoid using your retirement savings to pay for a lavish wedding
3. Stress of Wedding Planning Eliminated
- Some brides choose to be secretly married 2-3 weeks prior to the "big day"
- Are you a shy bride? Get hitched in secret.
- Not all brides and grooms thrive on being the center of attention
- Focus on simplicity and intimacy
4. Avoid Stressful Family Issues
- Divorced parents
- Family members who oppose your marriage choice
- Family differences in planning & financially supporting the wedding
- Embarrassing relative you prefer not to ruin your day
- Different religions or cultures refuse to blend wedding traditions together
5. Second marriage or higher
- Include children
- Spend money on celebration with family and friends
6. Surprise Ceremonies
- When family & friends are gathered together for any holiday celebration, surprise them with your "special event".
- Are you having a destination wedding outside of the USA? Make it legal in Virginia before you exchange vows abroad. You do not want a "surprise" that your marriage is not legally recognized in the USA.
- Include your pets